How to enter Ukraine for foreigners for the purpose of tourism: documents and a tourist visa
Foreigners can enter the territory of Ukraine with a passport and a visa for citizens of those countries who need it. List of countries that require a visa.
Transit travel through the territory of Ukraine is allowed in the presence of a transit visa or travel documents that provide for departure from the country within 24 hours.
The Government of Ukraine allocates the following types of visas:
- transit for up to 5 days of stay;
- short-term (type C), stay up to 90 days within 180 days;
- long-term (type D), when the stay exceeds 90 days.
To obtain a visa, you must also have an invitation:
- guest - issued by a natural person (friend, fiancée, relative);
- business invitation — from a legal entity registered in Ukraine;
- tourist - issued by a tourist company.
- Documents for obtaining a visa
- Passport, valid for more than 3 months;
- completed visa application form;
- 1 one color photo card measuring 35 x 45 millimeters;
- biometric data;
- a health insurance policy covering expenses of more than 30,000 euros, it can be issued here;
- documents confirming the availability of financial support;
- payment of the consular fee.
Refusal to grant a visa is the absence of one of the documents or its improper execution, so it is better to contact a legal consultant.
In case of refusal, you will be sent a written message from the migration authorities explaining the reason for not granting visas.
Since January 1, 2019, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine has been issuing electronic visas (e-visa) to foreigners from 52 countries.
Conditions of transportation
Animals can be imported into the territory of Ukraine only with a written declaration, for tourist purposes. The animal must have an installed chip, and the owner must have a veterinary passport translated into Ukrainian or English and an international veterinary certificate of the country of origin. It is forbidden to import sick animals.
Card and cash
You can pay by card in big cities, supermarkets and tourist places. For other financial transactions, it is better to have cash. The national currency in the country is hryvnia. There are also many exchanges and banks where you can exchange other currencies.
The car and the validity of ownership rights to drive the car
To travel in your own car from abroad, you must have an insurance policy - a green card, an international driver's license, and a document confirming the ownership of the vehicle. Going on vacation to Ukraine to see something, it is better to rent a car. The country is large enough, and the roads between the main cities are good, but if you go to remote regions, their quality decreases. Renting a car is allowed from the age of 21 and with two years of experience.