Which cities in the world are willing to pay foreigners to move: USA, Italy, Spain, Switzerland
Do you want to move to another country and also make money from it? Light! Some countries in the world are happy to offer payment to migrants who decide to move to their cities. Find out where foreigners are willing to pay for moving
Usually, a change of residence is accompanied by significant costs, but there are cities and regions in the world that are willing to pay migrants money for moving.
There are many reasons for this: the desire to increase the population in the city, to improve the economy of the region, or to restore abandoned premises.
We have collected for you the most interesting offers for moving in different countries of the world.
- Harmony - the city government compensates new residents for the costs of moving, buying or building a house in the amount of $5,000 to $12,000.
- Oklahoma - This southern US state offers remote workers a grant of up to $10,000 to purchase a new home or break this amount into monthly rent.
- Bemidji, a small city in Minnesota with a population of 14,000, is also looking for "digital nomads." For those looking for a new home, the city government is offering $2,500 to cover moving costs, as well as free co-working space and access to business development programs.
- Niagara Falls welcomes college graduates and offers to pay off student loans. Instead, new residents must work in the city for at least two years.
- Molise region - the regional administration offers any Italian or foreigner who moves here to pay €700 per month for 3 years. However, under the condition of fulfilling two requirements: it is necessary to live in a village with a population of no more than 2,000 inhabitants, as well as to open one's own business, but the industry is not limited by any boundaries.
- Sambuca is a small village that was recognized as the most beautiful in Italy in 2016. However, many buildings here are idle and in need of repair. That is why some of them participate in the reconstruction program. The buyer can buy a new home for €1, but must undertake to repair the house and pay a deposit of €5,000, which will be returned after the repair.
Feel at home in any country in the world! Protect yourself from unforeseen expenses and situations during your trip by taking out reliable insurance.
Ponga is a small village in the north of Spain in the region of Asturias. The village authorities offer €3,000 to couples who will move here, and the same amount for the birth of each child. The family will have to apply for permanent residence on a general basis, but getting a long-term visa when moving to Asturias is much easier than for foreigners planning to move to a more developed region of Spain. In addition, you can buy a good house in Ponga for €10,000 - this will allow you to apply for a permanent place of residence.
Find out how to apply for a permanent residence permit in Spain by following the link.
Albinen is a Swiss village that offers financial assistance of 25,000 Swiss francs per adult, 50,000 francs per couple and 10,000 francs per child to any citizen or permanent resident of the country who decides to move here and buy, convert or build a house. To participate in the program, it is necessary to obtain approval from the village administration.
Antikythera is a small island in the Aegean Sea that offers free housing, a plot of land and a monthly allowance of €500 for 3 years to families moving here to work. Currently, there is a research center for tracking climate change on the island.
The rules for issuing a work visa to Greece can be found here.
2 minResidence permit
Marriage with a foreigner or temporary protection is not the only option to stay and live in the dream state. Some European countries have special conditions for migrants. Learn more about how to legalize in Spain, Portugal and Poland if there is only tourist Schengen
25 Jan. 2023More details
Most of the world's countries have lifted the Covid-19 travel restrictions. In particular, China also did this. Find out which countries have been forced to resume quarantine measures for travelers from China and who they affect
26 Jan. 2023More details
Many foreigners prefer buying real estate in Cyprus, because it is more than just buying an apartment by the sea or in a European city, it is a certain style and a choice of a different format for life. Learn more about the benefits of buying real estate on the picturesque island
29 Jan. 2023More details
Foreigners who are going to officially get a job in Turkey must obtain a long-term visa for staying in the country and a work permit. Find out how to complete the necessary documents and what is required for this
30 Jan. 2023More details
The simultaneous stay of visitors in the hotel lobby not more than one person per 10 square meters of serviceable area is allowed.
Persons can visit hotels and stay there (outside hotel room) only if they wear respirator or face mask (including homemade mask), so that the nose and mouth are covered.
Hotel guests are obliged to keep the 1.5 meters distance.
Online check-in making in advance is recommended to avoid queues at check-in to hotel.
Meals in hotels are provided through meals delivery service to rooms upon prior order or at hotel restaurants situated inside or in open areas, provided the distance of at least 1.5 meters between seats at adjacent tables.
Not more than 4 clients are allowed to stay at the table (excluding children under 14 years old). Unless these tables are separated by a special partition;
Self-serve is not allowed.