Vacations in Azerbaijan: what tourists should visit
Azerbaijan has always attracted tourists with its mystery and beauty. We tell you where foreign tourists should go and what to see in the country
Azerbaijan is a country with a long history, which has long been called the "Land of Lights". Hospitality is one of the most important traditions that this country is proud of, as guests are welcomed here on a special scale.
Many travelers often associate the capital of Baku with the capital of the UAE, Dubai. It combines both modern high-rise skyscrapers and oriental flavor. This tourist destination will surprise you with its original and remarkable places, stunning flowering gardens, ancient streets, fashionable illuminated towers, and especially wonderful evenings.
The sunrises and sunsets on the sandy beaches of the Caspian Sea will impress even the most demanding tourist. The rest and acquaintance with the local cuisine of Azerbaijan - delicious and at the same time healthy - will actively complement the rest. A huge selection of different variations of pilaf and dolma, kebabs, dishes in a tandoor clay oven and, of course, oriental sweets.
What should tourists visit in Azerbaijan?
Modern Azerbaijan combines all possible types of international tourism, beach tourism, ecotourism, gastronomic tourism, cultural tourism, and health tourism. It is here that you can find entertainment for every taste.
Top most popular places:
1. Icheri-Sheher, the oldest district of Baku. Here, in the historic center, you can begin to get acquainted with the capital and the main palace ensemble of the XV century Shirvanshahs and the legendary mysterious Maiden Tower.
2. Flaming Towers. A spectacle of extraordinary beauty in the evening. All three towers are designed by architects in the form of flames, have about ten thousand liquid crystal panels, so that after sunset the towers turn into a huge bright light mosaic that can be seen from every corner of Baku.
3. The Heydar Aliyev Cultural Center was awarded the London Design of the Year award - the most fantastic building that does not have a single right angle
4. The open-air museum - Gobustan Nature Reserve is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It is generally known for its rock writings, drawings that were created in the Mesolithic period
5. The centuries-old Jumma Mosque is located in classically traditional Azerbaijan - ancient Shemakhi. Here you can also visit the oriental bazaar, see spiritual shrines and historical monuments of the country.
6. The Khizi, or colored mountains, are a real place of power. The most amazing place in the Caucasus, somewhat similar to Mars. In addition to the cosmic landscapes of colorful mountains, the Pink Lake and the Jeyranbatan Reservoir are also a must-see.
7. The upper caravanserai in Sheki. An ancient complex with its own history, built of solid stone in the form of a fortress.
8. You can combine the concepts of "tasty and informative" in the famous Shirvanshah restaurant-museum, which is both a museum and a restaurant, and its building was built in the middle of the 20th century. It is a top place, recommended for a mandatory visit.
Safety features for tourists in Azerbaijan
When traveling in Azerbaijan, it is important to realize a few simple rules that will protect you from unpleasant moments:
1. The most commonplace but important advice is to keep a close eye on your belongings, documents and money.
2. When booking hotels, apartments or renting apartments, always use only trusted websites, recommendations or travel agencies.
4. Do not take a large amount of money with you, take only a part of it to exchange for the necessary needs.
5. Remember that taking photos and videos without the permission of administrative authorities is prohibited in the subway.
6. Do not discuss any political issues in this country, especially with strangers.
7. Before getting into a taxi, check the cost of the trip, it will help to avoid disputes and quarrels.
8. Since the country is oriental, we recommend dressing modestly and behaving calmly.
9. Protect yourself from unforeseen expenses and situations while traveling by taking out reliable insurance. Always carry it with you.
In general, Azerbaijan today is a country with a low crime rate, the local people are very friendly, but you should always remember basic safety rules, respect the culture and traditions of the country.
Brazil plans to restore visa regime for citizens of the United States, Japan, Australia and Canada
Brazilian authorities plan to lift the visa ban for a number of countries. In particular, this applies to citizens of Japan, Australia, the United States and Canada. Find out more about when and why visa requirements were abolished and the predicted consequences of the reintroduction
11 Mar. 2023More details
Traveling to Costa Rica: entry rules, necessary documents and useful contacts
Costa Rica attracts tourists with incredible landscapes, white beaches, and clear blue water off the coast. Every year, many travelers come here for relaxation and adventure. We tell you about the rules for entering the countries, the necessary documents for traveling and useful contacts
12 Mar. 2023More details
Employment in Angola: obtaining a work visa, conditions and labor market
Africa offers a much smaller variety of professions for foreigners. However, in Angola, it is possible to find quite good job offers. We will tell you what you need to do to come to the country to get a job, what documents are required and working conditions
13 Mar. 2023More details
The simultaneous stay of visitors in the hotel lobby not more than one person per 10 square meters of serviceable area is allowed.
Persons can visit hotels and stay there (outside hotel room) only if they wear respirator or face mask (including homemade mask), so that the nose and mouth are covered.
Hotel guests are obliged to keep the 1.5 meters distance.
Online check-in making in advance is recommended to avoid queues at check-in to hotel.
Meals in hotels are provided through meals delivery service to rooms upon prior order or at hotel restaurants situated inside or in open areas, provided the distance of at least 1.5 meters between seats at adjacent tables.
Not more than 4 clients are allowed to stay at the table (excluding children under 14 years old). Unless these tables are separated by a special partition;
Self-serve is not allowed.
All materials and articles are owned by VisitWorld.Today and are protected by international intellectual property regulations. When using materials, approval from VisitWorld.Today is required.