Variants of obtaining permanent residence or citizenship of Kiribati. Necessary documents for submitting an application
The islands of Kiribati consist of three islands: the Line Islands, the Phoenix Islands, and the Gilbert Islands. The population is over 116 million people, most of whom are of Micronesian origin. The official languages of Kiribati are English and Gilbert. With few natural resources, it is one of the poorest countries in the world.
What you need to get a residence permit or citizenship in Kiribati
Because of visa-free policies in many countries, foreigners wishing to visit the country may or may not need a visa to travel, depending on the country of origin. Citizens of countries that are exempt from this policy must apply for a visa at the consulate in their country of residence before traveling.
Non-citizens living or working here must apply for permanent residency, as a visa only gives them a temporary stay. To apply, you must have more than 90 days of service, have a clean record, currently working, or be married to a resident. Only those applicants who meet all the requirements will be granted a permit. Another way to get a residency permit is to invest in a local business or start a company. Although you can live longer and work longer, this does not automatically make you a citizen.
Nevertheless, if you are going to immigrate, you need to apply for a visa and get a residence permit with the possibility of citizenship. Before this, it is important to consider in advance all the nuances of these procedures. To successfully obtain a visa or apply for permanent residency, you can contact us for legal advice. The most effective way to obtain a passport will be naturalization or marriage to a citizen.
Also, before planning a trip abroad, or moving to another country, we offer to purchase a checklist. A residence permit should be issued if you live in Kiribati for more than a year in case of studying or working, or doing business. Kiribati citizenship is acquired at birth or a later age through registration or naturalization.
Options for obtaining a residence permit or citizenship
Residence permits are issued if you renew these types of visas:
• Student visa.
• Work Visa.
Entering Kiribati without a permit is against the law and you may be asked to pay a hefty fine for doing so.
Documents needed to apply for a residence permit:
A LONG-TERM WORK PERMIT
• properly filled out the application form;
• letter of application for a work permit (Letter of Request);
• current photo of applicant (not older than 6 months);
• the recent police report from your current place of residence;
• recent medical examination Bail of $1,000.00;
• CV \resume;
• application fee of $150.00;
• business registration certificate;
• company bank statement (employer), applicant's bank statement (foreign investor);
• localization plan (in case of a private business);
• advertisement (in case of a private business);
• business license;
• letter of request from the applicant;
• recent police report;
• application properly completed;
• letter of guarantee from the school/institution where the applicant will attend;
• guardian support letter for applicant (if the applicant is under 18 years of age) Application fee of $150 or $90 for renewal;
Citizenship can be obtained by naturalization, marriage, kinship, or by being born in Kiribati. The Kiribati Citizenship Act outlines the steps necessary for a non-resident Kiribati to obtain citizenship. Below are the steps to apply for citizenship status:
Step 1. Obtain a request form from the official website and submit it after completing all the details.
Step 2. Submit the required documents. Such as:
• Citizen application form.
• Birth Certificate.
• Certified birth certificates of family members.
• Proof of family relationship (if required).
• An official statement signed by individuals over the age of 18 who are close family members.
• Certified copies of birth certificates of the applicant's father and grandfather.
• A page of biographical information from the passport originally provided by the other country of citizenship.
Step 3. If the Department of Justice is satisfied that the applicant has, is, or is eligible for citizenship, it issues a certificate certifying that the applicant is a resident under the terms of the certificate.
4 minResidence permit
4 minResidence permit
The simultaneous stay of visitors in the hotel lobby not more than one person per 10 square meters of serviceable area is allowed.
Persons can visit hotels and stay there (outside hotel room) only if they wear respirator or face mask (including homemade mask), so that the nose and mouth are covered.
Hotel guests are obliged to keep the 1.5 meters distance.
Online check-in making in advance is recommended to avoid queues at check-in to hotel.
Meals in hotels are provided through meals delivery service to rooms upon prior order or at hotel restaurants situated inside or in open areas, provided the distance of at least 1.5 meters between seats at adjacent tables.
Not more than 4 clients are allowed to stay at the table (excluding children under 14 years old). Unless these tables are separated by a special partition;
Self-serve is not allowed.
All materials and articles are owned by VisitWorld.Today and are protected by international intellectual property regulations. When using materials, approval from VisitWorld.Today is required.