Entry to Albania for the purpose of medical treatment
In order to go to Albania for treatment, to stay there for less than 90 days, you must obtain a short-term type C visa.
What documents must be submitted for a medical visa:
- The visa application form completed by the applicant is available online free of charge at https://e-visa.al/
- Photograph of the applicant measuring 47 mm x 36 mm.
- Photocopy of a valid travel document.
- Application in accordance with the provisions of the law, if the consent of one of the parents or legal guardian is expressed in accordance with applicable law for the trip of a minor.
- Invitation signed by the host.
- The medical diagnosis (original or copy) was issued by a local doctor in Albanian.
- Application of a hospital in the Republic of Albania, public or private, licensed, stating: type of treatment, date of commencement and approximate duration of treatment, approximate cost of treatment and the person who will cover these costs.
- Documents confirming the availability of necessary and sufficient funds to cover part of the costs of health care, as well as stay outside the medical institution or repatriation of the person being treated and his companion.
- Travel medical insurance for the patient's companion / companions to cover the necessary costs in case of immediate hospitalization, for his stay in Albania, as well as the cost of repatriation
- Confirmation from the host institution.
Medical Treatment for Italians in Albania
The simultaneous stay of visitors in the hotel lobby not more than one person per 10 square meters of serviceable area is allowed.
Persons can visit hotels and stay there (outside hotel room) only if they wear respirator or face mask (including homemade mask), so that the nose and mouth are covered.
Hotel guests are obliged to keep the 1.5 meters distance.
Online check-in making in advance is recommended to avoid queues at check-in to hotel.
Meals in hotels are provided through meals delivery service to rooms upon prior order or at hotel restaurants situated inside or in open areas, provided the distance of at least 1.5 meters between seats at adjacent tables.
Not more than 4 clients are allowed to stay at the table (excluding children under 14 years old). Unless these tables are separated by a special partition;
Self-serve is not allowed.