Necessary documents for obtaining a work visa to Algeria (except the basic ones):
- Work permit in Algeria issued by the Algerian employment office;
- A request for a work visa to Algeria sent to the General Directorate for Legal and Consular Affairs of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Algeria;
- A copy of the employment contract;
- A letter from your employer stating the position and purpose of the trip. Your employer must also note that they cover your living and repatriation expenses.
Necessary documents for obtaining a temporary work visa to Algeria for a period of up to 90 days (except basic ones):
- Work permit issued by the Algerian Employment Office;
- A copy of your employment contract;
- A letter from your employer stating the position and purpose of the trip. Your employer must also state that they cover your living and repatriation expenses.
The submission process is described above.
According to Algerian regulations, employers are not allowed to hire foreign nationals with inappropriate qualifications. Therefore, the recruitment agency must ensure that the candidate meets the requirements set by the Algerian authorities and that his qualifications and skills are unavailable to local workers.
You will then need a temporary work permit issued by the relevant authority in Algeria. Note that the employer usually has to go through the formalities to apply for a work permit. The documents to be produced are the following:
- The application is made out on a special form provided by the Office responsible for the regulation and general affairs of the competent territorial administration;
- Extract from the criminal case of the relevant person;
- A copy of the resident's card or a receipt instead;
- A certified copy of the original trade register or a receipt instead for their restoration;
- Five photos of regulatory and recent documents;
- Tax stamp for the amount established by the legislation on finance.
- Other documents may be required from the employer. The work permit is valid for two years.
Job search in Algeria
Useful resources for finding work for foreigners in Algeria:
The greatest demand for workers is in the oil and gas industry, finance, education, and the foreign aid sector.
Algeria Work Permit for Fijians
The simultaneous stay of visitors in the hotel lobby not more than one person per 10 square meters of serviceable area is allowed.
Persons can visit hotels and stay there (outside hotel room) only if they wear respirator or face mask (including homemade mask), so that the nose and mouth are covered.
Hotel guests are obliged to keep the 1.5 meters distance.
Online check-in making in advance is recommended to avoid queues at check-in to hotel.
Meals in hotels are provided through meals delivery service to rooms upon prior order or at hotel restaurants situated inside or in open areas, provided the distance of at least 1.5 meters between seats at adjacent tables.
Not more than 4 clients are allowed to stay at the table (excluding children under 14 years old). Unless these tables are separated by a special partition;
Self-serve is not allowed.