Schengen Visa Luxembourg: who needs it, application procedure and useful information
Are you planning to visit Luxembourg? This tiny European country with historic architecture, unique Franco-German culture and cuisine will not leave anyone indifferent! Find out if you need a Luxembourg Schengen visa and how to apply for it.
Do I need a visa to travel to Luxembourg?
- You are a citizen or family member of an EU/EEA/Swiss citizen.
- You are a citizen of a visa-free Schengen country.
Features of the Luxembourg Schengen visa
Where can I apply for a Luxembourg visa?
List of documents for obtaining a Schengen visa to Luxembourg (short-term visa C)
- A passport valid for at least another three months after the planned departure from Luxembourg.
- Two blank pages in your passport for visa stickers.
- Travel insurance policy, with coverage of at least 30,000 euros and valid for the entire period of your stay in the Schengen area.
- Flight itinerary or booking confirmation showing your flights to and from Luxembourg.
- Booking a hotel or other accommodation in Luxembourg for the entire period of stay.
- Evidence of financial capacity, such as bank statements or payment statements, which prove that you have enough money to support yourself during your stay in the Schengen area.
- A cover letter explaining the purpose of your trip to the Schengen area.
- Completed and signed application for schengen visa Luxembourg.
- Two recent passport-sized photographs that meet the requirements for a Schengen visa.
The cost of a Schengen visa to Luxembourg
The period of issuing a visa to Luxembourg
What are the other types of visas for traveling to Luxembourg?
- A transit visa allows you to transfer at a Luxembourg airport when you travel to a third country. However, this type of visa does not allow you to leave the airport. This visa is valid for 24 hours.
- Long-term visa D allows you to stay in Luxembourg for one year. On its basis, you can also visit other countries of the Schengen Agreement. A long-term visa is issued for work, study, business and family reunification.
What if my application is rejected?
Why can a visa application be rejected?
After receiving the visa
What should you remember before traveling to Luxembourg?
Products from Visit World for a comfortable trip:
Checklist for obtaining a visa and necessary documents in Luxembourg;
Legal advice on immigration to Luxembourg;
Insurance for foreign students in Luxembourg.
How to find a job in Luxembourg: a detailed guide for foreigners.
Are you dreaming of a beautiful home by the sea, planning a move or retirement to the EU, or have you decided to make a profitable investment? Find out about the seven European countries where it is best to buy real estate in 2023.
10 Jul. 2023More details
The simultaneous stay of visitors in the hotel lobby not more than one person per 10 square meters of serviceable area is allowed.
Persons can visit hotels and stay there (outside hotel room) only if they wear respirator or face mask (including homemade mask), so that the nose and mouth are covered.
Hotel guests are obliged to keep the 1.5 meters distance.
Online check-in making in advance is recommended to avoid queues at check-in to hotel.
Meals in hotels are provided through meals delivery service to rooms upon prior order or at hotel restaurants situated inside or in open areas, provided the distance of at least 1.5 meters between seats at adjacent tables.
Not more than 4 clients are allowed to stay at the table (excluding children under 14 years old). Unless these tables are separated by a special partition;
Self-serve is not allowed.