How international wire transfers work?
International money transfers have become an integral part of the global economy, providing a fast and efficient exchange of financial resources between countries and continents. This process is a key element in maintaining economic ties, family ties, and business cooperation. Learn more about the types of international money transfers, their benefits and features
Money transfers are becoming an increasingly important part of the global financial system. With the development of technology, they are becoming faster, more affordable, and more secure. Users have the opportunity to choose from a variety of services, which creates a competitive environment and contributes to the continuous development of this sector.
Types of international money transfers
Let's look at the main types of money transfers:
1. Bank transfers: This is a traditional and reliable way of sending money through a bank. They provide a high level of security and can be used for large amounts. However, this process can be time-consuming due to the multi-stage bank checks;
2. Money transfer services: payment systems such as Western Union, MoneyGram, and others provide fast and convenient international transfers. They are often available at service points or online, but have high commission costs;
3. Electronic payment systems: with the advent of technology, electronic money transfer systems such as PayPal, TransferWise, Revolut allow for online international money transfers with reduced fees and speed;
4. Cryptocurrencies: With the help of blockchain technology, cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and Ethereum are becoming increasingly popular for international transfers. They provide fast and cheap transactions, but can also have a high level of volatility.
Advantages of international money transfers
The growing popularity of international money transfers can be attributed to the following advantages:
1. Speed: Many modern money transfer systems allow for real-time transactions, reducing the time it takes to transfer money;
2. Accessibility: most money transfer services have a global network of service points, making them available for use in most countries;
3. Security: banking and electronic systems use advanced encryption technologies to ensure the safety of financial transactions;
4. Variety of types: with the development of technology, new and innovative methods of money transfers appear, which provides choice and flexibility to users.
Rating of the best payment systems
We have selected the best international payment systems with brief information:
Visa is an American payment system that operates in almost every country. The company has existed since 1976. The dollar is the main currency of the payment system. The fee for use does not exceed 5%. The main advantages: cash can be withdrawn from all ATMs, you can pay with a card in a store in any country, and you can safely store money.
MasterCard is one of the best payment systems in the world, operating in about 200 countries in the United States. MasterCard was founded in 1966. The main advantages include a wide range of cards, the ability to pay with a card in any country, high cash withdrawal speed with minimal fees, and numerous bonuses for premium cardholders.
MoneyGram is engaged in international money transfers and has positive user reviews. In order to transfer money abroad, you just need to open a MoneyGram account online on the official website and in the mobile application. This means that the exchange rate and fees are higher than those of other providers. MoneyGram is rarely suitable for international transfers, especially to a bank account. The main advantages: available in 200 countries and transfers in 50 currencies, highly trusted and reliable, offers a wide range of money transfers, including cash, credit card, and bank transfer.
Western Union is a system of fast money transfers between different countries, founded in 1851. Money transfers are made through a wide computer network headquartered in the United States. For over 150 years, the international payment system has been providing financial services to its customers. The payment system has offices in 200 countries around the world. Main advantages: supports more than 130 currencies, has global coverage, is a popular and trusted company, can send and receive money both online and through stationary branches, high limit for transferring funds abroad.
Wise is a British Fintech company that has developed a system of currency exchange and money transfers between countries. Users can receive a Mastercard electronic payment card and use a multi-currency wallet. In the e-wallet, you can store money in 56 currencies, receive payments, and transfer money to bank accounts or other e-wallets in 59 countries. The main advantages are that money transfers are cheaper than traditional bank transfers; transactions are fast; and currencies can be "frozen" for 24–48 hours.
Thus, in a world of rapid technological development, it is important to consider the diversity and evolution of international money transfer methods. The choice of the best method should take into account the specific needs, circumstances, and financial capabilities of users.
Daria Rogova, Head of Insurance at Visit World
To move, travel or work safely in a new country, you will need health insurance. You can apply for an extended policy on our website here.
Products from Visit World for a comfortable trip:
Travel guide for 200 countries;
Legal advice from a local specialist on visa and migration issues;
Travel insurance around the world (please select the country of interest and citizenship to receive services);
Medical insurance all over the world.
Today, many entrepreneurs are trying to find a country to open their business. Here are the top countries in the world for starting a business or investing in existing enterprises in 2024, as well as the factors to consider
15 Nov. 2023More details
Global investment provides access to investment opportunities that are not available in the domestic market. Learn more about the top 7 reasons to choose global investing for your real estate investments
17 Nov. 2023More details
Investors are always on the lookout for new investment opportunities that can bring high returns. But how do you find them in a competitive and dynamic market? Learn more about the 7 best methods for finding profitable investment opportunities
21 Nov. 2023More details
The Senate of the Netherlands is planning important changes to the tax legislation concerning migrants. This decision will be introduced to stimulate the attractiveness of the Dutch labor market for highly qualified specialists. Learn more about the features and provisions of the new decree on 30% tax benefits
23 Nov. 2023More details