How to get a Thailand Elite Visa 2024: features of the permit and procedure for registration
The Thailand Elite Visa program offers a highly sought-after long-term stay in Thailand for foreigners seeking to settle in the country. Find out what are the benefits of an elite visa to live in Thailand, what are the restrictions, requirements for applicants and other important details
Thailand is one of the most magnificent and fascinating countries in Southeast Asia, which is why many foreigners are looking for the opportunity to stay here for a temporary residence. An ideal solution to this issue can be a Thai elite visa, which allows foreigners to stay in the country for a long time without any restrictions.
We will talk about the advantages of the Thai elite visa and the procedure for its registration in 2024 below.
What is a Thailand elite visa?
An elite visa in Thailand belongs to the category of tourist visas. It is designed for foreigners who want to settle in Thailand and do business, are digital nomads, investors or retirees.
A multiple-entry visa is issued for a period of 5 to 15 years.
Advantages of an elite visa for living in Thailand
1. The possibility of moving to Thailand
The elite tourist visa in Thailand is one of the longest tourist visas in the world. It allows expats to live in the country for up to 20 years. The only requirement is to leave the country once a year.
2. Optimization of taxes
Foreigners who stay in Thailand for more than 180 days a year have the right to obtain the status of a tax resident of the country. In this case, the investor will pay taxes according to local laws.
3. Minimum requirements for documents
In order to obtain a visa, you do not need to justify the reason for moving or prepare a large package of documents. Usually, it is enough to have a passport and fill out the appropriate questionnaire.
4. There are no requirements regarding the length of stay
It is not necessary to permanently reside in Thailand to maintain a visa. Departure from the country is allowed for any period.
5. Additional privileges:
- Unlimited access to the Elite Personal Assistant (EPA).
- Unlimited access to Premium Lane for quick transfers (Suvarnabhumi, Chiang Mai, Phuket).
- Consultations on investment issues.
- Member Contact Center (MCC).
- Annual medical examinations (once during the term of membership).
- One night at Anantara Vacation Club in Thailand (only during the 1st year of membership).
- Unlimited number of movie tickets in Thailand on a buy-get-1-free basis.
- Once a month, buy one and get a second free meal at Mos Burger chains in Thailand.
- Personal accident insurance (180 days, only during the 1st year of membership).
- Premium lounge, parking privileges and sales assistant (by appointment).
- Exclusive golf and spa access.
- Discounts in restaurants and shops.
Restrictions on the Thailand elite visa
Before applying for an elite visa to Thailand, there are certain restrictions to keep in mind and some guidelines to follow:
- Participants cannot work for a company in Thailand or apply for a work permit in Thailand.
- Participants may not establish a business (especially one that requires employees to have a work permit in Thailand) or sell goods or services in Thailand.
- During their stay in Thailand, a participant cannot hold an elite visa and a non-immigrant visa at the same time.
- Members are still subject to mandatory 90-day reporting every 3 months while in Thailand.
- Participant can only stay in Thailand for 1 year per arrival. Once a year you need to leave the country and return even the next day or ask for an extension at the immigration service.
Thailand Elite Visa Membership Packages
Depending on the desired visa validity period and privileges, the investor can choose one of three types of cards:
1. GOLD membership package
- Cost: 900,000 baht ($25,000) per applicant.
- Privilege points: 25 per year.
- Term of membership: 5 years.
- Option to upgrade to 10-year PLATINUM or 15-year DIAMOND membership.
- Does not allow adding family members.
2. Platinum membership package
- Cost (main applicant): 1.5 million baht ($42,500).
- Cost (additional applicants): 1 million baht ($28,000).
- Privilege points: 35 per year.
- Term of membership: 10 years. Provides two 5-year multiple-entry visas with the possibility of a one-time extension.
- Possibility of upgrading to 15-year DIAMOND membership.
3. DIAMOND package
- Cost (main applicant): 2.5 million baht ($71,000).
- Cost (additional applicants): 1.5 million baht ($42,500).
- Privilege points: 55 per year.
- Term of membership: 15 years. Provides three 5-year multiple-entry visas with the possibility of extension twice.
- Unable to update.
Requirements for applicants to participate in the Thailand Elite program
There are no age restrictions or income requirements for membership in Thailand Elite, but the investor must meet the following requirements:
- There are no records of overstaying in Thailand over the past 3 years.
- Not declared bankrupt.
- No criminal record.
- Has no mental illness and has not been recognized as incompetent or quasi-incompetent.
- Has a foreign passport of an acceptable country.
Citizens of which countries cannot apply for an elite visa to Thailand?
There are certain countries whose citizens cannot apply for a Thai visa:
- Africa: Central Africa, Cameroon, Democratic Republic of Congo, Republic of Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Guinea, Ghana, Liberia, Nigeria, Sao Tome and Principe, Sierra Leone, Somalia and Sudan.
- Middle East: Algeria, Iraq, Egypt, Iran, Lebanon, Libya, Palestine, Syria and Yemen.
- Asia: North Korea, Afghanistan, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
The list of documents is necessary for the issuance of a Thai elite visa
To obtain a long-term Thailand Elite visa, investors provide the following package of documents:
- Copy of passport with photo;
- Copy of a valid visa to Thailand, if any;
- Birth or marriage certificate, if family members are included;
- Completed questionnaire;
- A document on the payment of a one-time fee.
How long does the permit process take?
The application process usually takes about 1 to 3 months, of which 4 to 6 weeks are spent on reputation checks.
Basically, the duration of registration depends on the applicant's nationality and place of residence. With some places or countries it is easy to go through the verification process, while with others it can be difficult and time consuming.
Where can I get a passport stamp that confirms the opening of an elite visa in Thailand?
1. Upon arrival
When you arrive in Thailand, you can get your visa stamp at one of the following airports:
- Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport
- Phuket International School
- Chiang Mai International Airport
2. Embassy or Consulate of Thailand
You can apply for a Thailand concession visa by contacting the Thai embassy or consulate in your country. There they will put a stamp in your passport.
3. Immigration service
If you are already in Thailand, you can get a visa at the immigration office in Bangkok.
Although the Thailand elite visa does not give you the right to obtain a permanent residence permit in the country and does not allow you to obtain a work permit, it is able to turn Thailand into your temporary second home and give you the gift of living in a fairyland.
Igor Usyk - Head of Migration department at VisitWorld
To ensure a safe move to a new country, I advise you to consult a specialist. My colleagues, qualified specialists with a legal education, will help you avoid unpleasant situations during migration.
Products from Visit World for a comfortable trip:
Checklist for obtaining a visa and necessary documents in Thailand;
Legal advice on immigration to Thailand;
Travel insurance for foreigners in Thailand;
Medical insurance all over the world.
Studying in Japan is becoming increasingly attractive to international students. The country offers high quality education and is known for its innovation, cultural richness and hospitality. However, moving to another country to study can be a complex process that requires detailed planning and preparation. Find out more about how to study in Japan
30 Jan. 2024More details
This year, many travellers have tried to make up for lost time after the pandemic by visiting Europe's most iconic cities and America's national parks in a form of "revenge travel". However, the world has undergone significant changes since the onset of covid19. Many businesses have closed and some tourist attractions have become inaccessible. Find out more about which places remain inaccessible in 2024
31 Jan. 2024More details
Thailand, a country of rich cultural heritage, incredible beaches and delicious cuisine, attracts tourists from all over the world. For many travellers, Thailand has become a popular holiday and travel destination. The government makes sure that all visitors have the opportunity to enjoy their stay in the country by simplifying the visa process for many categories of travellers. Learn more about the initiative to extend visa-free stays for tourists in Thailand
01 Feb. 2024More details
Migration to another country gives you the opportunity to get acquainted with a completely new culture and lifestyle, as well as career prospects. Find out more about the most common problems that can cause expats to return home prematurely and how to solve them calmly
31 Jan. 2024More details