Residency in Brunei
Obtaining permanent resident status in Brunei is an extremely complex and lengthy process.
- If you are married to a citizen of Brunei. You must be married and have lived in Brunei for at least 10 years before you can apply for permanent residence.
- If you were born in the country but your parents do not have Brunei citizenship, you must also wait at least 10 years before applying for permanent residence.
- If none of these points apply to you, you will need to work and reside in Brunei for at least 15 years before you are eligible to apply for permanent residence in the country.
- Your chances may increase if you are a highly qualified professional, such as a doctor or engineer, or if you have invested (or run) a business in Brunei.
Obtaining citizenship is provided for in exceptional cases:
1) By Origin:
- from marriage to a Brunei – regardless of the place of birth;
- an illegitimate child of bruneika by an unidentified person or stateless person.
- marriage: a woman can get after 10 years of permanent residence; a man can’t obtain a passport, but he is entitled to a permanent residence permit, but subject to the availability of means of subsistence and a fifteen-year period of residence in the country.
Lithuanian Expats in Brunei
The simultaneous stay of visitors in the hotel lobby not more than one person per 10 square meters of serviceable area is allowed.
Persons can visit hotels and stay there (outside hotel room) only if they wear respirator or face mask (including homemade mask), so that the nose and mouth are covered.
Hotel guests are obliged to keep the 1.5 meters distance.
Online check-in making in advance is recommended to avoid queues at check-in to hotel.
Meals in hotels are provided through meals delivery service to rooms upon prior order or at hotel restaurants situated inside or in open areas, provided the distance of at least 1.5 meters between seats at adjacent tables.
Not more than 4 clients are allowed to stay at the table (excluding children under 14 years old). Unless these tables are separated by a special partition;
Self-serve is not allowed.