Getting an education in Cyprus: Types of educational institutions, prices, educational programs in Cyprus
The Republic of Cyprus is a state that attracts not only immigrants and tourists but also students. Educational programs here are created according to the model of English education. This is because Cyprus has long been a British colony. The price of education is lower than in England, and at the same time, you can enjoy life near the sea. Teaching is conducted in Greek and English. There are secondary schools with teach in Russian.
Immigrants who come to the country with children have the opportunity to place them in secondary school, preschool educational institutions, and language schools. Free secondary education is provided only in public institutions where education is conducted in Greek. In private secondary schools and all universities, education is paid.
Types of educational institutions and prices for education
Children aged 6 and over have the opportunity to study at the following educational institutions:
• Summer camp. The duration of training is from 1 week to 3 months. The minimum cost is $420 and the average price is $1000 per week. The minimum language level of English is A1.
• The language school is designed to teach English. Duration of training from 1 week to 3 months. The average price is $600 per week. The minimum level of English is A1.
• Secondary education. Public schools provide education free of charge in Greek. The duration of training is 12 years. In private schools, education is possible in English and Russian. The duration of study in an English school is 13 years. The price ranges from 4000€ to 8000€ per year. The minimum level of English upon admission is B1. They study in Russian schools for 11 years. They are required to learn English and Greek. The price is similar.
Preparation for entering the university and education in higher educational institutions are paid. The following conditions are offered:
• Preparation for admission. The minimum age is 16 years old. The duration of training is 1 year. The average price is $6300 per year. The level of English at admission is IELTS 4.0 must-have.
• Undergraduate. The minimum age for admission is 17 years. The training lasts 4 years. The average price is $ 9500 per year but depends on the chosen specialty and university. English language level is IELTS 5.5 must-have.
• Master's degree. Age from 20 years old. Education - from 1 to 2 years. The cost is about $8500 per year. Minimum English is IELTS 5.5 must-have.
• MBA. The minimum age for admission is 20 years. The duration of the study is from 1 to 2 years. The price is $13,000 per year. English IELTS 5.5 must-have.
• Doctorate. Age – 20+ years. The duration of study is 3 years or more. The price is about $ 7500 per year, depending on the specialty. English – IELTS 5.5 must-have.
Main centers of education
Universities of Cyprus are popular with foreign students. The reason for this is a good level of education, low prices, and the opportunity to live in comfortable conditions. By popularity, local universities are distributed as follows:
1. the University of Cyprus.
2. Eastern Mediterranean University.
3. the Cyprus University of Technology.
4. University of Nicosia.
5. Near East University.
6. Frederick University.
7. the European University of Lefke.
8. Cyprus International University.
9. European University Cyprus.
Foreign students residing outside the EU and in countries where there is no visa-free regime must obtain a visa. It is issued only to students planning to study full-time. A visa can be opened with an invitation from the university. The secondary education system is spread throughout the state. All major cities have several public and private schools.
Language Education Programs in Cyprus
In the major cities of the Republic of Cyprus, there are language schools that invite foreigners from all over the world to study English and Greek in a natural environment. Students and adults can come. The minimum school course is 1 week. The maximum duration is not limited. The minimum price for one week of training is 150€.
4 minResidence permit
The simultaneous stay of visitors in the hotel lobby not more than one person per 10 square meters of serviceable area is allowed.
Persons can visit hotels and stay there (outside hotel room) only if they wear respirator or face mask (including homemade mask), so that the nose and mouth are covered.
Hotel guests are obliged to keep the 1.5 meters distance.
Online check-in making in advance is recommended to avoid queues at check-in to hotel.
Meals in hotels are provided through meals delivery service to rooms upon prior order or at hotel restaurants situated inside or in open areas, provided the distance of at least 1.5 meters between seats at adjacent tables.
Not more than 4 clients are allowed to stay at the table (excluding children under 14 years old). Unless these tables are separated by a special partition;
Self-serve is not allowed.
All materials and articles are owned by VisitWorld.Today and are protected by international intellectual property regulations. When using materials, approval from VisitWorld.Today is required.