Citizenship and permanent residence in Jordan: what are the privileges and disadvantages of living
Jordan is an ancient country that goes deep into the roots of history. It is rich in cultural and religious heritage. The Kingdom of Jordan is strategically located at the crossroads of economic routes between Asia, Africa, and Europe. Therefore, it is among the countries with favourable conditions for business and investment. Jordan has an amazing mix of ancient and modern cultures. Ancient cities with temples and modern economic and political centres with skyscrapers.
Pros and Cons of Living in Jordan
Migration to Jordan is suitable for businessmen, investors, scientific researchers and archaeologists, and religious people.
Let us list the advantages of emigrating to Jordan:
- good standard of living;
- friendly population;
- Muslim, but a secular country with not very strict rules;
- the use of English;
- delicious and unusual national cuisine;
- low crime level;
- high level of medicine;
- well-developed tourism.
Let's list the disadvantages:
- dry climate;
- the observance of a public dress code;
- unstable political situation;
- harsh rules for marriage.
Types of visas and conditions of stay in Jordan
It is obligatory to enter the country with a visa. Depending on the number of entries distinguish single, double, and multi-visa, and depending on the period of stay in the territory of the state Jordanian visas are divided into:
- short-term (C and A) - the period of stay is 1 month;
- transit visas (A) - are issued to the arriving foreigners who do not stay in Jordan for more than 24 hours, after which they continue their journey;
- National (D) - entails entry to the territory of the state for a longer period.
Types of entry permits:
- tourist visas;
- business visas;
- work visas.
To get a visa you need to apply to the consulate. This is quite a painstaking and not easy procedure. It is better to address this issue with a legal consultant.
The main documents that need to be prepared and provided to the applicant at the consulate for consideration include:
- standard photograph for the paperwork;
- a questionnaire filled out in one of the two languages - English and Arabic;
- official invitation from employer, friends, relatives, or acquaintances;
- pension certificate for pensioners.
Also, to enter and stay in Jordan it is necessary to have international insurance. This is an important point.
Options for permanent residency and citizenship
There are many programs to get permanent residency in Jordan. It can be studied, but this is not the most popular option because education here is conducted in Arabic. Also, extend the work permit visa for a long period, and a contract with an employer. Investing in the economy of the country, doing business, and getting married to a resident. However, the most effective ways to get a passport after temporary residence and permanent residence permit will be investments, doing business, or buying real estate. It usually takes about six months to obtain citizenship.
Ways to obtain citizenship
- Investment. Bank deposits and treasury bonds. An interest-free deposit of USD 1 million was laced with the Central Bank of Jordan (CBJ) for three years. Securities. Local projects lead to job creation. An investment of USD 1 million in any project in Jordan, provided that it creates 20 and 10 jobs respectively and that the project has existed for at least three years. Timeframe for obtaining a passport is about three months.
- Employment. To be employed, an immigrant must obtain a permit and registration. The first document is obtained in the home country, and the second when arriving in the country. The employer needs to get permission to hire foreign workers.
- Business. In Jordan, there are several free economic zones in which you can open your own business. For example, tourism, transportation, oil refining, agriculture, and production of construction materials. And 100% of the profits may remain in the hands of the entrepreneur, but provided that his company 30% of the employees are native Jordanians.
Also, citizenship in Jordan can be obtained by immigration naturalization, but this requires:
- have lived in the country for 15 years;
- have no problems with the law;
- financial stability;
- know and obey the laws and regulations.
Job prospects and labor market in Jordan
10 Nov. 2022More details
The simultaneous stay of visitors in the hotel lobby not more than one person per 10 square meters of serviceable area is allowed.
Persons can visit hotels and stay there (outside hotel room) only if they wear respirator or face mask (including homemade mask), so that the nose and mouth are covered.
Hotel guests are obliged to keep the 1.5 meters distance.
Online check-in making in advance is recommended to avoid queues at check-in to hotel.
Meals in hotels are provided through meals delivery service to rooms upon prior order or at hotel restaurants situated inside or in open areas, provided the distance of at least 1.5 meters between seats at adjacent tables.
Not more than 4 clients are allowed to stay at the table (excluding children under 14 years old). Unless these tables are separated by a special partition;
Self-serve is not allowed.
All materials and articles are owned by VisitWorld.Today and are protected by international intellectual property regulations. When using materials, approval from VisitWorld.Today is required.