Top overseas adventure travel destinations to explore in 2023-2024
It's always a great idea to enjoy new experiences in beautiful places around the world. Take your dream vacation in Europe, discover Africa, explore Latin America, or visit the South Pacific and Asia - this list includes the top places to visit for your 2023 or 2024 travels. Find out more about the best places for adventure travel abroad
A vacation is not only sightseeing and relaxing by the sea. Many travelers seek excitement and extremes during their travels. If you are tired of standard places for rest, you want to learn new cultures, immerse yourself in the fabulous atmosphere of nature and engage in extreme sports, then it is time to go on an adventure trip. Such a trip will ignite your thirst for travel and give you impressions that you will remember for a long time.
Where to go in search of adrenaline and fabulous nature? The ranking of the best adventure destinations to visit in 2023-2024 is below.
New Zealand is an adventure seeker's paradise, with everything from bungee jumping in Queenstown to hiking the stunning Milford Track.
The diversity of the country's landscapes and its fabulous nature will not leave any traveler indifferent, because the country has everything - mountains, fjords and even beaches. That is why New Zealand is an ideal place for various types of outdoor activities.
- Who should visit? For adventure travelers, nature lovers and adrenaline seekers.
- What to see and what to do? Explore the firefly caves in Waitomo, hike the Tongariro Alpine Crossing, try skydiving in Taupo and kayak in Milford Sound.
- The best time for vacation: December-March.
Read details about the trip to New Zealand at the link.
Peru offers a combination of history, culture and adventure, and conquering Machu Picchu is the dream of many extreme travelers. The most notable monument is the "Inca Trail", which leads to an ancient settlement located in the Andes at an altitude of 2400 m.
- Who should visit? For history buffs and those who like to explore new cultures.
- What to see and what to do? Walk the Inca Trail, explore the ancient ruins of Cusco, visit the Sacred Valley and experience local culture in Aguas Calientes.
- The best time for vacation: from May to October.
Iceland is a country of amazing contrasts, which combines volcanoes, glaciers, waterfalls and thermal springs. Extreme tourists will be able to see the northern lights here, go hiking on a glacier and even snorkel between tectonic plates.
- Who should visit? For nature lovers, photographers and adventure seekers.
- What to see and what to do? Explore the Golden Circle, swim in the Blue Lagoon, climb to the top of Skogafoss Waterfall and take a long journey along the Ring Road.
- Best time to go: September to March to see the Northern Lights or June to August for summer fun.
Namibia's harsh desert landscapes, including the surreal beauty of the Dead Valley – areas of dry trees in the middle of the sand and the Namib Sand Dunes – are a unique setting for fantastic adventure. Also, in Etosha National Park you can go sandboarding and quad biking and go on safari.
- Who should visit? For adventurers looking for remote and unknown places.
- What to see and what to do? Climb the high dunes at Sossusvlei, visit the ghost town of Kolmanskop, take a hot air balloon ride over the desert and see wildlife in the national park at Etosha.
- The best time for vacation: from July to October.
A trip to Nepal will give you an unforgettable experience, because here the tourist will be able to enjoy the beauty and majesty of the Himalayan mountains and get close to the highest peak in the world, Mount Everest.
- Who should visit? For mountaineers, trekkers, and those looking for spiritual development.
- What to see and what to do? Trek to Everest Base Camp, explore the temples of Kathmandu or go rafting on the Trishuli River.
- The best time for vacation: October-December.
Chile is a wild wonderland, and its pearl is Patagonia, which is recognized as one of the cleanest and most pristine places on the planet. Among the stunning landscapes of Torres del Paine National Park, you can go hiking, kayaking or camping.
- Who should visit? Nature lovers, tourists and lovers of rest in tents.
- What to see and what to do? Do the W Trek in Torres del Paine, explore the marble caves of Puerto Río Tranquilo, visit the Perito Moreno Glacier and go horseback riding in the Patagonian steppe.
- The best time for vacation: from November to February.
Read more about the trip to Chile in our material.
Australia offers a variety of experiences, and the main gem of the country is the Great Barrier Reef, which can be seen by scuba diving. The nature of Australia also deserves special attention - take a walk through the tropical forests and explore the local wildlife.
- Who should visit? For divers, nature lovers and those looking for adventure and city trips.
- What to see and what to do? Snorkel or dive the Great Barrier Reef, explore the Sydney Opera House and Harbor Bridge, visit Uluru (Ayers Rock) and hike the Daintree Rainforest.
- Best time for vacation: September-November and March-May.
Planning a trip to Australia? Useful tips at the link.
When traveling through Scotland, be sure to visit the islands of the west coast, because each of the 790 islands is unique. It is interesting that many of them can be reached only by ferry.
Also note that wild camping is allowed on most land in Scotland, as long as you respect the countryside and don't leave litter behind. Therefore, you can pitch your tent on the most remote island of the region and enjoy the wild nature.
- Who should visit? Nature lovers, tourists and lovers of rest in tents.
- What to see and what to do? Visit the Isle of Jura, further up the coast the tourist-worthy Isle of Rasay, climb the mountain peak of Dun Kaan, and enjoy the beautiful views of the Skye Cuillin mountain range.
- The best time for vacation: March-May.
Another exciting adventure awaits tourists in Corsica, a mountainous region off the coast of France. In addition to hiking, tourists can enjoy incredible French cuisine, charming coastal towns and interesting history.
- Who should visit? For tourists and hikers.
- What to see and what to do? There are several routes to enjoy in Corsica, including the wonderful Napoleon Trail, which starts in the capital city of Ajaccio. Also in demand is the Mare a Mare Sud, another route that will introduce you to some of Corsica's best beaches, passing a variety of coastal landscapes and lush valleys.
- The best time for vacation: May-September.
Belize is a country in Central America that combines the culture of Latin America and the beauty of the Caribbean. The state has something to impress even the most demanding tourist: lush jungles, attractive beaches, a unique reef, ruins of the Mayan civilization and delicious cuisine. Belize has a large number of attractions and a well-developed infrastructure.
- Who should visit? For divers, lovers of nature and history.
- What to see and what to do? The Blue Hole Natural Monument and Glover's Reef.
- The best time for a vacation: from the end of November to the middle of April, during the dry season.
From tiny islands to unforgettable hikes and ancient civilizations, these destinations will inspire adventurers and impress even the most seasoned travelers.
Daria Rogova, Head of Insurance at Visit World
To move, travel or work safely in a new country, you will need health insurance. You can apply for an extended policy on our website here.
Products from Visit World for a comfortable trip:
Travel guide for 200 countries;
Legal advice from a local specialist on visa and migration issues;
Travel insurance around the world (please select the country of interest and citizenship to receive services);
Medical insurance all over the world.
More articles on the topic:
The best winter destinations for the perfect end-of-year vacation and Christmas celebration - find here.
10 smallest countries in the world worth visiting in 2023/2024.
There are certain trade-offs in investing in different countries. Investing in countries that are at lower stages of development is risky, but the returns are much higher than in developed countries due to relative uncertainty but a lot of room for development. Here are the best countries to invest in abroad
22 Oct. 2023More details
Luxembourg boasts a strong economy and politics. Although it is a fairly expensive country, the Grand Duchy is a popular destination for foreigners - so much so that almost half of Luxembourg's population is made up of foreign nationals. Find out about the total cost of living in Luxembourg per month, housing costs, utilities, healthcare and food prices
23 Oct. 2023More details
" London is the capital of Great Britain". How many times have we heard this phrase and mentally imagined ourselves in this wonderful city? It's a place where the spirit of empire is felt in every stone, but at the same time London is always fashionable, modern and culturally rich. Learn more about the most interesting places in London that every tourist should see with their own eyes
23 Oct. 2023More details
The simultaneous stay of visitors in the hotel lobby not more than one person per 10 square meters of serviceable area is allowed.
Persons can visit hotels and stay there (outside hotel room) only if they wear respirator or face mask (including homemade mask), so that the nose and mouth are covered.
Hotel guests are obliged to keep the 1.5 meters distance.
Online check-in making in advance is recommended to avoid queues at check-in to hotel.
Meals in hotels are provided through meals delivery service to rooms upon prior order or at hotel restaurants situated inside or in open areas, provided the distance of at least 1.5 meters between seats at adjacent tables.
Not more than 4 clients are allowed to stay at the table (excluding children under 14 years old). Unless these tables are separated by a special partition;
Self-serve is not allowed.