Turquoise Card in Turkey: who can get it, application procedure and advantages
A special residence permit in Turkey, which is issued to highly qualified workers, investors, businessmen, scientists, athletes and artists, is called the Turquoise Card. Find out how the Turquoise Card differs from a residence permit, its advantages and the application procedure
Turquoise Card is a special residence permit in Turkey, which is issued to highly qualified workers: investors, businessmen, scientists, athletes and artists.
How does the Turquoise Card differ from a residence permit?
A foreigner who plans to live and work in Turkey must issue a temporary residence permit (usually for 1 year). This document does not give an automatic right to employment, and after its registration, the migrant must apply to the Ministry of Labor of Turkey, where he receives a work permit. A permanent residence permit can be obtained only after 3-8 years. Therefore, many foreign workers undergo the above-mentioned procedure every year.
Taking into account the above-mentioned features, the Turkish government issued the law on the Turquoise Card as an alternative solution for the annual extension of the residence permit. That is, the turquoise card is an analogue of the American "Green Card" or "Blue Card" in the European Union, which provides the right to permanent residence and work in the country. The document has a certain number of advantages, but also some peculiarities in design.
Advantages of Turquoise Card
The Turquoise Card in Turkey is considered a work permit or residence permit without a specific term, and cardholders have priority in obtaining Turkish citizenship. Along with the applicant, the wife or husband and children under 18 receive documents for legal stay in the country.
The holder of a turquoise card enjoys the same privileges and rights as citizens of Turkey:
• Residence, travel, work, investment, business, inheritance, movable and immovable property and remuneration. However, if the law requires a person to be a citizen of Turkey, the rights and benefits do not apply.
• They have priority in obtaining Turkish citizenship.
• They are released from compulsory military service after obtaining Turkish citizenship.
• Can hold public office and have the right to vote and stand for election.
Who can get a Turquoise Card in Turkey?
A Turquoise Card can be issued by foreigners whose activities are aimed at the development of Turkey in various fields: economic, scientific and technical, cultural, sports, etc. The applicant must have high professional experience and relevant qualifications:
• Foreigners who are recognized as highly qualified workers with a sufficient level of education, salary, professional knowledge and experience, etc.
• Foreign investors with high qualifications, such as the amount of employment they will provide, investment and export potential, contribution to the development of science and technology, etc.
• Scientists or researchers who have contributed to scientific and technological development or who conduct research at the international level from the perspective of Turkey's interests in science, industry and technology.
• Foreigners who have achieved success at the international level in terms of cultural, artistic and sports activities,
• Foreigners who have contributed to the recognition and promotion of Turkey or Turkish culture on an international platform and work at the international level on issues related to Turkey's national interests.
• Foreigners who have any interstate travel bans, have a disease that may threaten public health, and pose a threat to the order and security of Turkey will not be considered.
Turquoise Card registration procedure
An application for a Turquoise Card is submitted electronically to the Ministry of Labor of Turkey. It is completed by entering information and copies of documents into the system.
Foreigners legally residing in Turkey can do so using their foreign identification number.
If the applicant lives outside of Turkey, the documents must be submitted through the official Turkish embassy in the country of residence.
Applications for the Turquoise Card can also be submitted by authorized brokerage agencies on behalf of foreigners in Turkey and abroad.
How is the evaluation of submitted documents?
Turquoise Card and Turkish citizenship
3 minResidence permit
3 minResidence permit
Turkey Real Estate: All You Need To Know
Can foreigners buy property in Turkey, what are the advantages of buying real estate in Turkey, is it true that Turkey has the cheapest citizenship by investment? Everything you wanted to know about the features and benefits of investing in Turkish real estate
24 Dec. 2022More details
The simultaneous stay of visitors in the hotel lobby not more than one person per 10 square meters of serviceable area is allowed.
Persons can visit hotels and stay there (outside hotel room) only if they wear respirator or face mask (including homemade mask), so that the nose and mouth are covered.
Hotel guests are obliged to keep the 1.5 meters distance.
Online check-in making in advance is recommended to avoid queues at check-in to hotel.
Meals in hotels are provided through meals delivery service to rooms upon prior order or at hotel restaurants situated inside or in open areas, provided the distance of at least 1.5 meters between seats at adjacent tables.
Not more than 4 clients are allowed to stay at the table (excluding children under 14 years old). Unless these tables are separated by a special partition;
Self-serve is not allowed.
All materials and articles are owned by VisitWorld.Today and are protected by international intellectual property regulations. When using materials, approval from VisitWorld.Today is required.